Friday, October 24, 2008

Our daily live in Soroti

Soroti is treating us fine. We have marked our spots; found the club, the local bar, the local shop, the supermarket, the take away place, the best beer brand, the internet cafÈ, the fresh food market... Well, for most of you guys that¥s everythnig you need, right? For those who know me that is ALMOST everything I need.

So, where is the pizza? (Or pizaaa like they pronounce it here in black Africa)

Firstly, I was shocked they don't have Pizza Hut here. No Pizza Hut? Like most of you know, my week routine always involved one delivery from Pizza Hut (ok, Martine, 4 deliveries a week is maybe more accurate…;/) Secondly, I had noticed that in Kampala they had indeed desent pizzas, even a Dominos!

Here in Soroti there's another story…We have already made three attempts to go out for Pizza. First, the waiter at the restaurant told us that we had to wait for 1 hour and a half for the pizza. We didn't have time, unfortunately, but decided to come another time. That time the oven was “spoiled” and for the third time they suddenly didn't have any pizza!

But, wait a minute. This traged story has a happy ending! Because my Vignir sure knows how to bake a pizzabread! So we rushed to our supermarket, bought frozen minched meat, frozen cheddar cheese, weat flour, vegatable oil and a pizza sauce (yes, they even had a pizza sauce at this remarkable market!) and made THE best pizaaa in the world. Lucky for me, but not so lucky for Vignir, because now he has to make pizaaa for me 4 times a week! (I'm pretending I haven¥t learned it yet….;/)

Yours pizaaa lover,
Harps

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
guys,

I never imagined you would ever get that pizaaaa....but great that Vignir has resolved the problem! Being a pizza lover myself...will send a pizza cook book for Vignir to practice the art of pizza making that i have learned almost as well as a natural Italian. Keep up! Pamela

Anonymous said...

Hiii, How lucky you are to have "a Vignir Pizzaïola " with you !!!! All the best !! Maria